Total Training Solutions can assist your organization in launching or enhancing an effective performance management process. Our services and courses focus on the skills and tools leaders can apply to realize the greatest benefit from the performance management process.
The Performance Management Process
Performance management is much more comprehensive than the annual employee review. It encompasses the entire process of improving and sustaining employee performance throughout their career. If performance is managed well throughout the process, the appraisal, which is often what people consider frustrating and time-consuming, is easy. Clear, well-defined goals, supported by consistent coaching and feedback, provide both the employee and the manager with the information needed to complete an appraisal without encountering any surprises or negative feelings.
Participants in The Performance Management Process Workshop learn key techniques and tools to implement the process. You learn:
- Goal setting skills
- Feedback skills
- How to use the communication cycle during the performance management process
- Documentation rules
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Manage your employees’ performance as a process, not as isolated events
- Use performance management support tools to communicate and manage performance
- Give more specific, less subjective performance feedback
- Use coaching techniques that improve performance
- Conduct an effective performance appraisal with your employees